Most manufacturers judge an ERP implementation by the following metrics: initial expense, ongoing operating or maintenance costs, return on investment, and time to value.
In today’s competitive business climate, we suggest an even more rigorous focus on ERP implementations by tracking additional metrics like disruptions in operations, impact on productivity, and level of ERP adoption across the enterprise.
Unfortunately, there are many horror stories of failed ERP implementations, cost over-runs, time delays, disruptions in operations and worse. Now, mid-market manufacturers can avoid these pitfalls with proven ERP implementation expertise offered by Genesis Consulting.
ERP Implementation Expertise
ERP systems impact almost every aspect of a company, so the success of an ERP implementation is of the utmost importance.
Genesis’s team of independent ERP consultants helps mid-market manufacturers reduce the chance of implementation problems by helping to manage complexity, risk, and data integration challenges.
- Proven Methodology: Take advantage of proven implementation methodology in ERP implementation whether your company is switching to a completely new system or undergoing a major upgrade. Our proven ERP implementation services reduce the load on company resources.
- ERP Implementation Experts: Leverage our team’s specific expertise in ERP implementation, expertise that is often lacking within a mid-market manufacturing company. We supplement your team with the project management, configuration of the future state, testing the system with your end users, converting data, and driving performance improvements.
- An Engaged Process: We’re with you all the way. The most successful and seamless implementation occurs when the manufacturer is fully engaged in the process. Genesis helps you get alignment with your resources, the executive team and the needs of the project.
.....Genesis’s ERP Implementation Services
- Pre-Implementation Expertise: During the phase, Genesis Software Solutions define key performance indicators and a reporting strategy as part of the future state.
- ERP Implementation Project Management: Genesis project managers are experts in managing client teams and vendor teams to a successful ERP implementation.
- ERP Implementation and Change Management: Change management is a key part of process improvement, and therefore a key part of ERP implementations. Genesis Software Solutions guide the client team in the development of a change management plan.
- ERP Implementation Education: Our team excels at setting up and delivering effective ERP education to the manufacturing enterprise. All process owners must become “ERP experts” in their own right for a successful implementation and go live. A thorough ERP education helps with ERP adoption and effectiveness in the years to come.
- Design and Configuration: Genesis offers guidance to both the manufacturer and vendor team when designing and configuring the system to meet specific business requirements.
- ERP Implementation Data Conversion: Genesis’s consultants are experts in data management. During the review of the current state and the development of the future state Genesis Software Solutions map a data strategy for the conversion of data files, both current and historical. Genesis assists the client IT team with the planning and execution of data conversion to a new system.
- Quality Control: Genesis has significant experience designing an effective Development/Test phase for extensive testing of the new system in conference room pilot environments. Genesis leads in-depth sessions for testing of processes, integration and workflow.
- Deploy/Go-Live: Genesis assists in the final deploy and go-live after thoroughly managing and tracking the pilot, tests, data migration/integration and fixes or customizations and other pre-deployment phases. Genesis helps the company turn the focus on user instruction, user documentation and training with the entire user community. Finally, the team finalizes the “cutover” plan of activities, and revises as needed to minimize disruptions to the operation.
- Deliver Business Performance Improvements: Genesis ensures the project team keeps their eye on the true goal line: business process improvement. All too often ERP implementation teams lose sight of the true goals of the project yielding to the desire to “just get it implemented.” Genesis’s change management activities keep everyone’s attention on driving business process improvement that drives business performance improvement.
Your Resource for Effective ERP Implementation
It’s clear that experienced ERP resources implement a new ERP system much faster than the uneducated business user. In case after case of serving mid-market manufacturers, Genesis Software Solutions can greatly reduce the time for this task.
Genesis’s knowledge of ERP coupled with our knowledge of the manufacturer’s future state goals become a key ingredient to the success of the project and time to benefit.
As our manufacturing clients will attest, Genesis’s ERP implementation experience is a main ingredient to successful ERP project management. The Genesis team supports all of the activities needed for a successful transformation to a modern information system.
Note that Genesis services do not replace the need for vendor consultant services that bring product knowledge to the project. Genesis focuses on supporting the manufacturing organization in the ERP implementation project.